Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The flight was a butt-ache-inducing six and a half hours. My plan was to sleep as much as possible because when I landed the local time would be 6 am. It was harder to pretend that it is bedtime at 5 pm than I thought, however. I scrolled through the movies on the console (a surprisingly wide selection- way to go, AirCanada!) and watched a movie called  Love and Other Drugs. It was bad. I really don't recommend it unless you have a strong obsession with Jake Gyllenhaal or, like me, are trying to fall asleep. I mostly kept it on because it       1. Distracted me from the knees of the woman behind me that were enthusiastically trying to disfigure my spine, and
2. Drowned out the sound of a flight attendant vacuuming out the nearby toilet ominously marked  "Out of Order."

I don't mean to say that the flight was terrible, these are just my own observations. In fact, other than the dissonance of complaining children, bathroom renovation, and the expedition now somehow reaching my shoulder blades, it was all right. There was even in-flight shopping. Meaning, they actually carried the perfumes and jams on the flight. 

After Gyllenhall and Hathaway were finished discovering that all they needed was each other, I decided I really should sleep. I made my way to the working restroom (actually quite a distance) and refused a blanket in plastic wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment