Monday, July 18, 2011

After the maple exploring and line waiting there was nothing left to do. It took me about 45 minutes to see everything there was to see in the Toronto Airport. Then it was just my muffin and I. And an elderly woman sleeping in a wheelchair whom I ran a series of subtle tests to make sure she was actually living. I mean, it wasn't just the two of us at the gate- every seat was filled. We were just the most interesting ones.

Big airplanes are much nicer. That may seem obvious, but I am correcting those few who still see small planes as a novelty, even after reading about my horrifying tale which lacked both a barf bag and any sense of dignity. No, this plane contained the equivalent of like three big rooms. I was in the ever lovely economy room. I happily took my seat next to a friendly Indian woman who declined to say "hello" back, and cracked open my fluff novel. It really must have been a while since I've been on a big airplane, because I noticed they had now installed television screens. Not the roll out "in-flight movie" screens at the front, but every seat back had an individual touch screen. Still nostalgic for the tiny planes? Even the safety announcements were animated on them, complete with cheerful flute muzak. I entertained myself by watching the uncomfortable people try to calm themselves as we lifted off.

No comments:

Post a Comment